Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Bamboo to trigger my SmokeTests from another VM

SOLVED
Occasional Contributor

Use Bamboo to trigger my SmokeTests from another VM

Hi Guys,

I am new to TestComplete & Bamboo, I created set to TestCases to perform Smoke tests and we are using Bamboo for CI.

My question is that how do I use Bamboo to trigger the execution from another VM where Testcomplete & Smoke Testscases are located.

Any response are very much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Occasional Contributor

Re: Use Bamboo to trigger my SmokeTests from another VM

Hi @Marsha_R @tristaanogre

Appreciate your kind reply and suggestions.

Yes I have used Martha's suggestion an have a command line paratemeters created in a .cmd file.

We use pstools.exe to trigger bamboo run this .cmd file in VM(TestServer)  and it is now workfing fine.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Community Hero

The best way to do it is to add some code in your Bamboo script to run your tests with TestExecute.  You can read about that here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testexecute/docs/running/automating/command-line/command-line.html

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Marsha_R

I Appreciate your reply,  I have done some of the command line parameters and works fine, however It's only done locally in VM where TestComplete & Automated Tests are located.     

The problem I am facing right now it that, how to trigger this command line from Bamboo server(separate VM). I think this is where I missed the gap.  Any Idea how it is being done in Bamboo server?

Thanks

Community Hero

I'm not familiar enough with Bamboo.... but my understanding of most CI tools that trigger test launches is that they send a command to an agent for that agent to execute.  So, in Bamboo, when you set up the command to trigger the test launch, incorporate the command line switches that @Marsha_R suggests

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Hero

@tristaanogre is right.  Bamboo is just running whatever commands you give it.

Let me ask this - can you go to the server where Bamboo lives and manually connect to the server where TestComplete lives?  Perhaps there's a network connection or permissions issue.

Occasional Contributor

Hi @Marsha_R @tristaanogre

Appreciate your kind reply and suggestions.

Yes I have used Martha's suggestion an have a command line paratemeters created in a .cmd file.

We use pstools.exe to trigger bamboo run this .cmd file in VM(TestServer)  and it is now workfing fine.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
6 / 7 API Testing Mistakes Video
Top Kudoed Authors