Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
4 years ago

Unexpected window and Ovelapped window

Hi,

The AUT is a Delphi exe.

When I have not checked the "Ignore overlapping window" in Project parameters, I have randomly my tests that fails due to "Overlapping window". The problem is that this window is part of the AUT and its presence is normal.

When I check that option, I have instead an "Unexpected window" error at the same places. This time too, the unexpected window is normal.

I just can't let 10% of my tests fail because of that issues.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you

6 Replies

Wamboo
    Community Hero

What exactly does the incident involve?

This window must be constantly displayed on the screen? Can't you close it like that?

Write the exact details. From what you are writing this TestComplete behaves correctly and returns an error.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for your valuable suggestions Marsha, Wamboo!

m_essaid Did you manage to solve this?

Please share the solution with us.

Or, if you didn't, please provide more info as Wamboo is requesting.

m_essaid
        Valued Contributor

thank you Marsha_R  and Wamboo ,

I'm investigating this issue with the help of the Smartbear customer support, so I will do a point when I'll have figured out the issue.

For the moment, I have an overlapping window that could be an AUT window, a Windows explorer window, or any other program's window that get in front of the window on which TE needs to work with.

I catch the OnOverlappingWindow and use a .Activate to bring to the front the overlapped window.

It has reduced a lot the tests failures, but I still have some issues.

I'll tell you further.