Forum Discussion

grainwave
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

Unable to verify task on Remote Computer

Hi,

I have a VM installed on my local machine that I am trying to verify tests on. Previously they used to work fine but now I am getting the error:

Verification failed: Cannot load the remote project. [Not all the projects that are currently on the slave computer contain the NetworkSuite project item]

The project directory is shared to the VM and mapped to a drive. The Path property for the job is correct and I have checked this on the vm multiple times.

Firewall is turned off on both machines.

I saw a post somewhere that suggested copying the network suite project into the slave project that the tests are contained in. I tried this but with no luck.

Please help

6 Replies

• Hi Kyle,

Your slave TestComplete projects must have the NetworkSuite project item. If they do not have it, you can add this item by right-clicking the project name in the Project Explorer panel, selecting Add | New Item... and choosing the Network Suite item in the Create Project Item dialog.

Please let me know whether this helps.
    grainwave
    Occasional Contributor
    Thanks David, turns out I had added another project to the solution with common scripts in it and had forgotten to add the NetworkSuite to it.
    Jyoungfl
    Occasional Contributor
    I also had the same problem, I added a new project to an existing project suite that did not contain a network suite component and this broke mine.  After reading this it is now working. 

So to be clear, a project suite which is going to utilized for distributed testing, cannot contain a child project without the network suite component?  This clarification will help me when defining the scope of a project suite and when / where to seperate testing task types.

Thanks.

• Hi Jason,

Yes, in TestComplete 7, all projects a slave project suite contains must have the NetworkSuite project item. We will try to remove this requirement in the next major version of the tool.

• Hi Andrei,

No, it is not. Now, only those projects that are executed during a distributed test must have the Network Suite project item. Projects that are not executed during a distributed test, do not need to have it.