Forum Discussion

KRehman
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago

Unable to restrict mouse movements to only one server when running Tests in RDC Manager

Hi Guys, 

I have recently updated my RDC manager to version 2.7 and I have started getting issues with my mouse movement. I run multiple servers under one group in one RDC manager instance. Since the upgrade to v2.7, if I am running Tests on e.g., VM1 and doing something else on VM2 then I will be unable to control my mouse on VM2 as it keeps moving aroung as per tests running on VM1. 

Even if the RDC manager wndow is open in the background and I have another window open on top of it, I cannot control my mouse. It keeps moving and making it so difficult to work on anyting. I have to minimize the desktop connction window to work on another window. Or I have to connect only one server on one RDC instance and keep the window minimized. 

Has anyone experienced this issue before ? It was working fine before upgrading to v2.7. So was thinking if there's any setting to change mouse movements to not reflect on other servers. 

Please let me know if you need any more information. Any help would be appreciated. 

Kind Regards,

Komal Rehman

3 Replies

karkadil
    Valued Contributor

We also experience this issue in our project. My solution was to switch to standard RDC client.

As I understand, this is not a TestComplete problem, but RDC Manager's one.

KRehman
      Occasional Contributor

Hi Gennadiy, 

Thanks for your reply. I have tried RDC client before but I was after something like RDC manager where I can run multiple servers on one instance as it's easy to switch between VMs. 

I was playing around with Remote Desktop (windows app) and that's something which works for me. But I am getting issue when I switch between VMs. Tests fails with error that operation cannot be performed, because the desktop is invisible, on moving to another VM on the same remote desktop instance. I have setup registry settings but still getting the error. Can you please let me know if there's anything else I need to setup to fix this error ?

Kind Regards,

Komal 

karkadil
        Valued Contributor

You need to configure your computer as described here.

Also, your remote VM should not be locked.

Personally I don't configure these settings, I simply don't minimize the remote desktop windows. It's not that difficult :)