Forum Discussion

carlesrc
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Unable to load local DLL assemblies using dotNet

Hello,

I am trying to access a local DLL functions following the article 

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/testing-with/advanced/using-external-functions/calling-from-dotnet-assemblies.html

So, I have added to the CLR Bridge the library that I want to access. In addition, following the tip in 

https://smartbear-cc.force.com/portal/KbArticleViewer?name=Why-is-my-NET-assembly-not-getting-loaded-after-I-add-it-to-the-CLR-bridge&sp=testcomplete  I have also added its dependencies

The final list added to the CLR is

However, when invoking the dotNET object I can not see the library that I want to use Framework_DataAccess

I can't see either some other libraries (p.e Microsoft.Extensions.DependencyInjection.Abstractions )

I have checked with the developers, and these are all the references this application uses. so sound improbable that I am missing some other reference. 

Which step I am missing? Any help will be appreciated

Note: The library is built on .NET Core 3.1. and I am using TestComplete Version: 14.71.275.7

Thanks

5 Replies

carlesrc
      Occasional Contributor

Support ticket created 🙂

I have no problems accepting that TC does not currently offer support for a specific library. But considering that .NET Core 3.1 is not a fringe library only used by very few, I think that either TC should support it or state clearly or that is not supported (my original ticket was about interpreting what 'early preview support'  means). 

If only partial support is offered, then state clearly the context in which it will work. Otherwise, it is a waste of time on our side (the customer) and on SmartBear side (answering all these  emalls).

Hopefully I am not unreasonable!

Regards,

Carles Roch-Cunill

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Carles,

Support ticket created

Great. I will appreciated it if you update this thread with the reply from Support to help others who might have the same problem.

carlesrc
      Occasional Contributor

I wish the documentation was clear and to the point. If .Net Core support is still in beta, then do not use the expression early preview support' . Simply indicate that is not released and the user should not expect a seamless behaviour. 

Thanks,

Carles Roch-Cunill

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi Carles,

Have you created a Support ticket to clarify the situation?

It might be that current .Net Core support in TC has some issue with your assemblies. But it is also possible that your assemblies deviate from some requirements and this should be corrected.

SmartBear's Support is professional and responsive and your assemblies may be a good source to improve .Net Core support.