cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UIAObject index of the object keep changing, cannot map the object.

Occasional Contributor

UIAObject index of the object keep changing, cannot map the object.

Screen Shot 2019-01-30 at 11.18.35 AM.png

I want to map this State object, but each time the test run, the index keep changing. I have same issue with the other obejcts and i wrote a function to get the object by the "WndClass". It is working great.  The only thing is that i have to call that function to get the objects and it happens to for multiple objects.  Is there a way to map them? 

I am testing desktop application using javascript.

2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

Re: UIAObject index of the object keep changing, cannot map the object.

This article and some of the linked ones talk about using the Name of a UIAObject.  That will be a better reference than Index or any other field that fluctuates.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/reference/test-objects/members/window-and-process/ui...

Community Hero

Re: UIAObject index of the object keep changing, cannot map the object.

You may want to examine the object in closer detail to see what other properties there may be that will distinguish one object from another

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win