Forum Discussion

Leahy
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Trying to click "File|User Form" clicks wrong form

I am testing an application that opens many different forms and windows. Using automation when I open "Form1" and click the menu "File|UserForm2", it opens a second form (Userform2).  On this second ...
    5 years ago

It would be good to see the actual code you are executing.  What it sounds like is that you're clicking the File menu on the first form... this would be evident in how the code/keyword test is referencing the "click" action and what form is the parent of it.

It is also possible that you have an object identification error where Userform2 and Form1 are not identified with unique enough properties to be able to make the distinction.  So, in addition to your code, we should examine how those forms are mapped in your NameMapping configuation.  Please include a screenshot of the NameMapping tree for the two different forms and the properties that you are using for identification.

Leahy
    5 years ago

Thanks Robert,

I am fairly new to testcomplete and am doing some reading on object mapping,  hopefully this will cure my ills  :)

Thanks, I will repond later to let you know if I figured it out.

Lee