Forum Discussion

sunsmile
Occasional Contributor
15 years ago

TimeOut Try Logging In Manually Error

Hi,

I have a Slave Computer which is locked from the Master testcomplete project iam trying to setup remote sesssion in the slave computer by giving domain,username and password and it fails with below error.

SalveComputer1:Timeout.Try to log in manually.

I have increased the time out to 25 mins in project options but the above error appears within 2 minutes.

Please do let me know if you need more information here.

Thanks In Advance.

6 Replies

• Hi Pradeep,

You need to follow the given instruction - try to log in manually to the remote PC via RDP using the same credentials and see if it logs in fine.

sunsmile
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

I did and was able to login manually fine.

Please do let me know if i am missing anything here.

Also i did the steps in windows firewall section mentioned in testcomplete help still no luck.
  • Hi Pradeep,

When logging in manually, have you seen any dialogs shown on top of the login dialog?

How much time did it take to log in manually?

sunsmile
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

When i try to rdc to the slave computer manually, first it is asking for login credentials via login dialog box after i enter those credentials then there is another message dialog box which has OK button. After i click on OK button i am able to sucessfully remote in to the Slave computer.

Do you think the OK dialog box which comes after i enter login credentials is causing any problem? If yes, is there any way to get around this problem?

It takes less than a minute to RDC into remote slave computer.
    sunsmile
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi Alex,

Just to add some notes to above mentioned problem.

The OK dialog box which appears in the slave computer after i enter login credentials is the login banner.
  • Hello Pradeep,

Any modal dialog box shown after the login procedure will cause the problem - TestComplete cannot handle such dialogs.

So, you need to disable this logon banner to make things work.