Forum Discussion

jtdavies
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Three newbie questions

1. I have three tested apps that are run in sequence. Is there any way I can put a delay between them to give the first a chance to fully startup before the second and third?   2. Alternately, can ...
    6 years ago

1) Every app can be run individually.  TestedApps.AppName.Run() will run that individual item if you're running it in script code.  If you're using a keyword test, when you use the "Run TestedApp" operation, you can specify either All applications or individual ones.  In both cases, if you want to wait for one to be loaded before the next, the easy answer is to use a hardcoded delay (Utils.Delay for script or the "Delay" operation in keyword tests).  However, what I would recommend is to use some method to "Wait" for the main form of the application to appear before starting the next.  There are various ways of doing this.  Search the help for the many articles on how to do this.

2) Yes.  You are in control of your tests.  You can determine when an app runs and when it closes.  So, it's just a matter of not including the "close" command for those two applications until you finish all your tests.  So, what I would do is create a "test" that starts up the applications and another one that closes them and bracket those around all your other test cases.

3) When creating a "TestedApp" there's a "working folder" field.  Enter in there the folder that you want to use as your starting folder for your application.