Forum Discussion

donaldshimoda
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago

Three anywhere to read all VCL and devexpress information from a Delphi application?

Im newbie here. Do a simple test recording nd works. Then I pass to script and find very easier just code all my test (and faster). But the problem is seems like tes complete don't recognize all my objects names to allow code using that. Just the ones I used in the recording. Theres any way to instruct test complete to scan all my exe and get that information to allow me code the run script? I hope yes.

Best regards.

19 Replies

BenoitB
    Community Hero

In testcomplete you have the Object browser tab where you can find everything running in memory and then introspect easily.

You also have the Object spy tool.

And you can also write a self-reentrant script that browse from a paren object all the children and write down their properties.

But as you start I suggest you to follow the 101 academy course at least here:

https://smartbear.com/academy/

donaldshimoda
      Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the information, but is not enough. I try objects spy and cant see forms. OTOH the 101 for some strange reason is not available online. I must wait to May 15. Is a company selling a license of $ 6000 and down have a course available online to see anytime? No thanks, will check another options. 

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3

If you had bothered to scroll down a little, you would have seen the class archive that is available.  There's also no need to be rude.  This isn't Stack Overflow.  There are lots of volunteer experts here who are happy to help you without criticism.