Forum Discussion

paarmann-ara
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

The window with the handle exists but did not respond

I always get this Error :-( The window with the 0x00010800 handle exists but did not respond during the auto-wait timeout (150 ms).   My question is: How can I check if handle exists but did no...
    AlexKaras
    5 years ago

Hi,

> What is a Problem for exists!
    > She is True when the Object is just created but not ready for use!

Exactly so and this is by design. TestComplete searches for the object and lets you know through the .Exists property whether or not the object was found.

The 'readiness' of the object is specific to your given tested application. One object can become to be ready immediately, another one - only after it is populated with data over dead-slow connection and the third object may never become ready because the data provider is not accessible at all.

Also, there is no clear definition of 'readiness'. Usually, you may expect that the object is enabled. But an opposite situation is quite possible too. For example, you may need to wait until all object's entities are processed and the object becomes disabled or not visible.

So TestComplete has no internal criteria to determine if the object is ready and this must be implemented in code by you using your knowledge of the given tested application.