Forum Discussion

paarmann-ara
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

The window with the handle exists but did not respond

I always get this Error :-(

The window with the 0x00010800 handle exists but did not respond during the auto-wait timeout (150 ms).

My question is: How can I check if handle exists but did not respond?

I want if this error appear, I run the command again.

AlexKaras
    5 years ago

Hi,

> What is a Problem for exists!
    > She is True when the Object is just created but not ready for use!

Exactly so and this is by design. TestComplete searches for the object and lets you know through the .Exists property whether or not the object was found.

The 'readiness' of the object is specific to your given tested application. One object can become to be ready immediately, another one - only after it is populated with data over dead-slow connection and the third object may never become ready because the data provider is not accessible at all.

Also, there is no clear definition of 'readiness'. Usually, you may expect that the object is enabled. But an opposite situation is quite possible too. For example, you may need to wait until all object's entities are processed and the object becomes disabled or not visible.

So TestComplete has no internal criteria to determine if the object is ready and this must be implemented in code by you using your knowledge of the given tested application.

10 Replies

paarmann-ara
      Contributor

Ja Sure

SearchObject0 = Objects_Toolsbar.OptPageSearchFilter0(PageName,ParentNodeName); 
              if SearchObject0 != 'nothing' and Tools.WaitForAvailablity(SearchObject0):
                      SearchObject0Count = Tools.WaitForInt(SearchObject0.wItemCount)
                      for SearchObject0Index in range(0,SearchObject0Count,1):
                              Tools.WaitForToolsbarAvailablity(ListViewObject)

#The Problem is in this line
      SearchObject0.ClickItem(SearchObject0Index); SearchObject0.ClickItem(0) Tools.WaitForToolsbarAvailablity(ListViewObject)
        Wamboo
        Community Hero

In my opinion, it's just that this piece of code

Tools.WaitForInt(SearchObject0.wItemCount)

in which the script waits for an object can cause an error. This is your method used in scripts?

I am not an expert in VB but maybe map this object (then NameMapping will manage the "state" of this object).

paarmann-ara
      Contributor

Thanks for your Tips.
      I have already read it!

Also,
      What is problem with WaitProcess
      She is just waiting for declared time and that is < 1Million ms!!!!
      That is a big problem. Because some time I need to test an update a software and Progress bar need 5 hours to 100%

What is a Problem for exists!
      She is True when the Object is just created but not ready for use!

What is problem for auto-wait 10k:
      That too big for me, now I test a software, that have more than 40k object to test just in a one page.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

> What is a Problem for exists!
        > She is True when the Object is just created but not ready for use!

Exactly so and this is by design. TestComplete searches for the object and lets you know through the .Exists property whether or not the object was found.

The 'readiness' of the object is specific to your given tested application. One object can become to be ready immediately, another one - only after it is populated with data over dead-slow connection and the third object may never become ready because the data provider is not accessible at all.

Also, there is no clear definition of 'readiness'. Usually, you may expect that the object is enabled. But an opposite situation is quite possible too. For example, you may need to wait until all object's entities are processed and the object becomes disabled or not visible.

So TestComplete has no internal criteria to determine if the object is ready and this must be implemented in code by you using your knowledge of the given tested application.