Forum Discussion

jamadarshivani
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Testcomplete cannot detect objects when Tested App is changed

Hello,

Whenever I changes the Tested App to a different version of the same application Testcomplete is unable to detect objects even if it exists in name mapping and assigns new name to the object.

• oh so it is not an issue with the different Exe name but dynamically changing Object of the application in different version. Try to find the object using Unique attributes or you can also use Find object for the changing object WindowDockingArea1 to WindowDockingArea2

6 Replies

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor

oh so it is not an issue with the different Exe name but dynamically changing Object of the application in different version. Try to find the object using Unique attributes or you can also use Find object for the changing object WindowDockingArea1 to WindowDockingArea2

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor
    Do you overwrite the same TestedApp entry or add a new entry for different version?

Because if you add new entry it won't treat the application as same and NameMapping name may vary, so try to update the exisiting entry and don't change the TestedApp name just change the path
    Can you give some screenshots or the Tested app entry name and path to help you better
    jamadarshivani
    Occasional Contributor

Hello anupamchampati 

I add a new entry of the application. Even if it is a different version of the same application, it has different names. 

I tried only changing the path, does not work.

One of the application name is Advance_Startup_TS_7 and other is Advance_Startup_1.

anupamchampati
      Frequent Contributor

So if those have different exe name than TestComplete will treat them different.
      if you see the name Mapping name : Aliases.(ApplicationName)..... , in this you are changing the Application Name itself, so I don't think it is possible TestComplete will treat different Exe name as different application.

Can you share the Full Name of the same object doing Object Spy using 2 different exes??

jamadarshivani
    Occasional Contributor

Here is the problem,

For Advance_Startup_1

Aliases.Aptify_Shell.AptifyShellForm.WindowDockingArea2.DockableWindow2.aptifyTree.tvwMain

For Advance_Startup_TS_7

Aliases.Aptify_Shell.AptifyShellForm.WindowDockingArea1.DockableWindow1.aptifyTree.tvwMain

I have highlighted the difference in the name of the same object on two different versions.