Forum Discussion

kaivi
Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Testautomation

Hi,

I want to start automating our build/deploy pipeline. We use FinalBuilder similar to Jenkins. FinalBuilder also has a TestComplete "PulgIn/Action". When I try to run TestComplete from FinalBuilder, I get an error saying "The requested operation requires elevated privileges". Even if I start FinalBuilder with administrator privileges, TestComplete also needs to start with administrator privileges. Why does TestComplete need administrative rights here? And is there a way to fix it?

I found this seconds after posting this.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/working-with/integration/jenkins/requirements-and-limitations.html

Is there any chance that this is my solution?

Regards

Kai

• It's not a limitation of TestComplete, it's a requirement due to the increased security in Windows 8 and later versions, as described in that link.  So... follow those instructions, and you should be good.

1 Reply

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It's not a limitation of TestComplete, it's a requirement due to the increased security in Windows 8 and later versions, as described in that link.  So... follow those instructions, and you should be good.