Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TestNG/Selenium - Configure command line params

SOLVED
New Contributor

TestNG/Selenium - Configure command line params

Hello!

My project uses a bunch of TestNG +Selenium. I've created custom listener(extends TestListenerAdapter) for improved logging in the project. Listener class name is added to testng.xml. In Eclipse IDE it works fine.

TestComplete ignores testng.xml during tests running and creates its own commad like:
java.exe -classpath ...jar...; org.testng.TestNG -testclass tests.general.Checking -log 2

To use my custom listener in this command the parameter -listener should be added, something like: 

java.exe -classpath ...jar...; org.testng.TestNG -testclass tests.general.Checking -log 2 -listener general.CustomListener

How can I configure TestComplete to use my custom listener?

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: TestNG/Selenium - Configure command line params

I don't believe that's possible.  The command line information is embedded within the tool and not accessible externally.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

View solution in original post

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

I don't believe that's possible.  The command line information is embedded within the tool and not accessible externally.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks,

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview
Top Kudoed Authors