Forum Discussion

OAn
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TestExecute Asynchron action fail on VM

Running a DelphiScript test on TestComplete 14.30.3743.7 x64 is passing, while running the same script on TestExecute 14 and VM (Windows Server 2016 64-bit OS,16 GB RAM, 4 cores 2.10 GHz), test will failed with Asynchronous object call failed.

Any idea?

OAn
    5 years ago

It was my mistake; the environments were different, having different databases, which lead to a different behavior of the tested application. So, I cannot assume anymore TesteExecute and TestComplete are acting different, except the play time, which is faster at TE.

With other words, this topic it has no point in my view, and for this specific environment which I mentioned above.

12 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Without knowing what the code is, can't say for sure.  Most likely, there's something different on the TestExecute VM that is not accounted for on the development machine, most likely something to do with timing where an object does not exist in time.  

Please post the code where the error occured.

OAn
      Contributor

Here is the function. I don't think is something wrong with it, since on TestComplete is doing well.

function ExportDivision

begin
      TerminateAction:=aRunAsyncAction(bExportaDiv, 2, '', false, ConfAc);
      comboxFileNameExpDiv.SetFocus;
      comboxFileNameExpDiv.keys(PathName);
      bSaveExportFileDiv.keys(' ');
      bConfirmYesReplaceFileDiv.keys(' '); --it will run this line and at the next line will fail
      CheckAction(TerminateAction,true);
      end;

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

CheckAction is not a TestComplete function I recognize so I'm guessing it's something custom written by you or someone on your team.  can you share that code?  I'm guessing it's something in there that's causing the failure.