Forum Discussion

madanbhangre
4 years ago
Solved

TestExecute 14.40 on a Windows-7: Office-2010 Error

At the moment we are having problems with the installation of TestExecute 14.40 on a Windows-7 machine. The installation of TestExecute 14.40 triggers an update for Office 2010 that attempts to install some new fonts on the machine from Microsoft Servers without success. (see the attached Screenshot) Unfortunately, the update process starts every time we start one of the Office applications. We cannot permanently refuse the update.

Is it possible to install required fonts with a separate package or disable the use of these fonts?

• madanbhangre I see in the support case that you solved the issue! Looks like this is not related to TestComplete directly, and the “Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010” version installed with TestExecute for the test environment created this conflict.

3 Replies

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Thank you for looking into this Marsha!

Hi madanbhangre , I see that you opened a ticket with Support (00447458) and the investigation is ongoing. 

It would be great if you could post the final solution from them here - this can help users in a similar situation.

Thank you.

sonya_m
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

madanbhangre I see in the support case that you solved the issue! Looks like this is not related to TestComplete directly, and the “Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010” version installed with TestExecute for the test environment created this conflict.