Forum Discussion

MadGrb
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

TestComplete cannot find nested Popup menu, In neste popup menu.

Hi,

I have massive Problem with nested popup menu.

In my case, are two popup menu but TC can find just first one and ignore second one.

Look at Photo 1.jpg and 2.jpg, 3.jpg that show us there is a Object from Class BarButtonItemLinkControl. But when I'm Looking for this object in my Code, I find she is not Exist.

Photo 4.jpg, 5.jpg.

How can solve this Problem.

• Finally I write a script to Click on nested Menu that is not recognized with TC-Engine.

def SelectContextMenueStrip(cls, Contain_0 = '', Contain_1 = ''):

try:

Index_0 = 0
                            Index_1 = 0
                            Delay(50)

ContextMenuStrip = Aliases.JTL_Wawi.ContextMenuStrip

Height = ContextMenuStrip.Height
                            Width = ContextMenuStrip.Width
                            Count = ContextMenuStrip.get_Items().Count
                            IndividualHeight = Height / Count

for Index_0 in range(0,Count,1):
                                    Item = ContextMenuStrip.GetItemAt(Width/2, IndividualHeight * Index_0 )
                                    if Item != None:
                                            if ContextMenuStrip.GetItemAt(Width/2, IndividualHeight * Index_0 ).Text.OleValue == Contain_0:
                                                    ContextMenuStrip.Click(Width/2, IndividualHeight * Index_0) 

if Contain_1 != '':
                                                            ContextMenuStrip_1 = Aliases.JTL_Wawi.ContextMenuStrip.activeDropDowns_2.Item[0]

Height_1 = ContextMenuStrip_1.Height
                                                            Width_1 = ContextMenuStrip_1.Width
                                                            Count_1 = ContextMenuStrip_1.get_Items().Count
                                                            IndividualHeight_1 = Height_1 / Count_1  

for Index_1 in range(0,Count_1,1):
                                                                    Item_1 = ContextMenuStrip_1.GetItemAt(Width_1/2, IndividualHeight_1 * Index_1 )

if Item_1 != None:
                                                                            if ContextMenuStrip_1.GetItemAt(Width_1/2, IndividualHeight_1 * Index_1 ).Text.OleValue == Contain_1:
                                                                                    MouseX = ContextMenuStrip_1.Left
                                                                                    MouseY = ContextMenuStrip_1.Top
                                                                                    Sys.Desktop.MouseDown(VK_LBUTTON , MouseX + Width_1/2, MouseY + IndividualHeight_1 * Index_1)
                                                                                    Sys.Desktop.MouseUp(VK_LBUTTON , MouseX + Width_1/2, MouseY + IndividualHeight_1 * Index_1)
                                                            Index_1 += 1
                                    Index_0 += 1

except Exception as exp:
                            Log.Message('SelectContextMenueStrip - type:' + str(exp)) 

I use mouse position to click on desktop, Enjoy it 😉

18 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

There are a couple of things you can try:

1) Record a test that opens those menus so you can make sure that you are calling the objects the same thing that TestComplete is.

2) Try running the test in debug mode so you can step through those menus.  It's possible that the test is running faster than the drop downs are loading so that the test looks for the second menu before it actually exists.  You can handle that with some version of Wait, maybe Wait Child.

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-objects/common-tasks/waiting-process-or-window-activation.html

MadGrb
      Contributor

@Marsha_R Thanks for your reply,

when I record a Test that's working correctly because, she creates a new mapping name for every Object in her DB, but I do not want to create one map's name for every object. I am looking for global solution.

I have use wait between these two menus, but I get some reason. I think TC cannot find second popup. Please look at photos , she cannot find Button Object.

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi MadGrb,

It looks like your question requires a deeper investigation. I see that you are using a WPF popup menu. To start, could you please check that TestComplete officially supports the WPF control used in your tested app? You can find a list of all supported controls in the Supported WPF Controls article.

Also, it's worth calling the Refresh method from the menu after you click the first item. This will make TestComplete refresh the object tree and the tool may find the needed subitem.

sonya_m
      SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi MadGrb , could you share your progress with this issue with us? Did the advice help?

MadGrb
        Contributor

sonya_m Hi,

I have create Support-Ticket around 3 weeks ago, but I get no answer from Smartbear's Support team. 😞

MadGrb
      Contributor

TanyaYatskovska Hi,

I have use refresh but I get nothing.

Aliases.JTL_Wawi.Popup.Root.PopupMenuBarControl.RefreshMappingInfo()
                                      Item = Aliases.JTL_Wawi.Popup.Root.PopupMenuBarControl

again she find old ContextMenu 😞