Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test comeplete for QT applications

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Test comeplete for QT applications

HI Guys , 

I know that TC allows us to test QT applications  . We've a QT application for which we need to perform some automation . I went through a couple of documents related to testing QT applications and I did do the basic checks however I am unable to identify the objects in the QT application  . I am only to Identigy only the main Window and nothing else. 

Currently I am using TC 12.20.935 and QT modules for the same version . 

Can someone help me out on this Please Smiley Happy 

2 REPLIES 2
Community Hero

Re: Test comeplete for QT applications

TC 14 lists QT support up through version 5.9 of QT.  I don't know what the maximum version for 12.20 is but it could be possible that you're using a version of QT that is outside of this scope.

Additionally, there is a specific set of components that are supported.  See

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/general-info/supported-technologies/controls/qt.html...

One last check... go to File | Install Extensions and expand the Desktop support.  There should be options there for QT Application and QT Controls.  Make sure both are checked.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Re: Test comeplete for QT applications

Hi,

According to this page, TestComplete 12.20 supports Qt 4.6-4.8 versions. @ashishnagpal26, was your application built by using one of these Qt versions?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Top Kudoed Authors