cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Test application using non-admin user

New Contributor

Test application using non-admin user

Hi 
I have a problem while i'm testing application run under non admin user. The problem is : I don't have access to many of properties of app parts e.g I cannot catch button, or text with spy tool.  It works, when I run app with same user as Test Complete. How can I solve it? I want to run TC as current windows user (Admin) and my aplication as regular user.

In Component Repository admin user have full rights. The same is in windows settings. UAC is disabled

7 REPLIES 7
Community Leader

Re: Test application using non-admin user

I guess the RunAs method will help you.

It will run the test application with specific user.

runas.JPG

New Contributor

But It does not solve my problem. I know how to run app with specific user. I cannot catch many of object if I use app with different user than TC. If i run both apps with admin user, I don't have any problem, and can catch almost  everything (buttons, textboxes, labels etc) but If I use different user to run app (user have restricted rights) I can catch only main window and nothing else. I don't see many of properties also

New Contributor

Also when I run app ass different user, class of window changed from HwndSource to HwndWrapper. With current loggon user is ok

Community Manager

Hi @rafall92,

Run TestComplete via " Run as administrator" or modify its executable file to make sure that TestComplete has all the permissions. Check the following article for details:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/general-info/configuring/testing-under-admin-account...

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Contributor

Hi Tanya

Unfortunately, It doesn't work. I set in compatibility options checkbox "run as administrator" and I still have problem. I can't catch only child object of window where it's WNDClass is "HwndSource" (when app run with regular user it changes to HwndWrapper). For rest object, some properties are not visible. UAC is disabled in registry, and windows settings. I have no idea what else I could change

Community Manager

Hi @rafall92,

Sorry for not getting back to you earlier. If the issue still persists, could you please contact our Support Team so that they could investigate it?

You can submit the case by filling in the form here:

https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/message/

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
Community Leader

Sometimes TC cannot spy all objects directly.

If TC cannot do it nowadays, maybe we need to communicate with developer about which method/how to control it by other api.

Like the fake code below.

WindowName.Edit.WrapperObject().SetText(u'text')

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Top Kudoed Authors