Subbulakshmi
Frequent Contributor
6 years ago

Test Report - Total no. of Test cases count

Hi,

I have created 2 folders in test items.

1 Folder - 1 Test Item

2 Folder - 3 Test Item

When I execute, in Test complete results, it is displayed as 5 Test items executed. Could you please let me know why. 

2 Replies

JennyH11
    Frequent Contributor

That sounds a little strange to me. 1 + 3 = 4 so why it is saying 5 is curious.

Could it be something to do with the single test item in Folder 1 being shared from another project? As I notice "CreateDeal-Suite" is the name of the group? Maybe in "Create Deal" test item there is more than one. Just a thought. Or could it be counting one of the folders aswell mistakenly?

I'm also interested in what kind of issues it is causing. Obviously, it's giving an inaccurate report of the number of test items run (which is bad of course), is there anything else?

Subbulakshmi
      Frequent Contributor

Hi JennyH11,

I also think that way. It might be adding the folder as well. But it is not giving accurate result due to this issue. When I change my test Item structure as Single folder -> All Test Items, I am getting correct count. 

But whatever count we have for folders, that should not be included in final result is my assumption. But Even if test complete includes the folders, then it should include count for all the folders in selected test items right..