Forum Discussion

CGilbert
Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Test Execute file requirements to run test.

I am working on setting up a stand-alone Test Execute system and have been copying the file from my Test complete system which is currently in my home office to my Test Execute system at work and was trying to find out this info as far as what is needed for files to make the test run, is it just the test.pjs file or will I need to copy the complete Test Complete folder from one to the other so that it has access to the screen captures and other items. At some point, these two systems will be sitting on a network together but currently, they are not so I'm moving files from one to the other with a USB stick.

Thank you. 

• You will need to copy the entire folder with all the keyword tests, projects, name mapping and scripts. Everything

Have you considered using some sort of source/version control for this project suite? It can make it easier instead of manually copying things across, if you are already familiar with source/version control (e.g. git or SVN)

2 Replies

tphillips
    Frequent Contributor

You will need to copy the entire folder with all the keyword tests, projects, name mapping and scripts. Everything

Have you considered using some sort of source/version control for this project suite? It can make it easier instead of manually copying things across, if you are already familiar with source/version control (e.g. git or SVN)

CGilbert
      Contributor

Once we get back in the office full time it will be stored through Jenkins and running on its own. Thank you for the help, I have been copying the complete file but I wasn't entirely sure.