Forum Discussion

akhilarsh
New Contributor
6 years ago

Test Complete12.50 doesn't recognize windows objects Windows10

While running a test via jenkins TestComplete reads random generated Object name as below

Sys.Process("DBInstall").Window("WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r40_ad1", "Eze PMA - TradarBE Setup", 1).Window("WindowsForms10.Window.8.app.0.141b42a_r40_ad1", "", 2).Window("WindowsForms10.BUTTON.app.0.141b42a_r40_ad1", "&Next >", 2).Name

But if I open TestComplete manually, it works fine and reads the same objects as below:

Sys.Process("DBInstall").WinFormsObject("TradarDatabaseInstallWizard").WinFormsObject("buttonPanel").WinFormsObject("nextButton")

This is happening on Windows10 while works fine on Windows7

Has anyone encountered similar issue? What could be the reason and solution? 

4 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3

Hi,

Does the problem persist or occurs sporadically?

Unfortunately, I neither know the answer nor have any good idea at the moment for the possible reason, but what I would try in this case is to login on the problematic test machine using the same credentials that are used by Jenkins when it starts the job on this machine, start TestComplete, open the project and check if I find anything that helps to figure out the reason of the problem. (Some missed configuration for the given user, etc.)

akhilarsh
      New Contributor

Thanks for your reply Alex

It's happening all the time and doen't look like issue with user account.

Project has integration with Cuucmber (I use IntelliJ for integration) and if I run the script manully via Intellij then also this happens.

It looks like if TestComplete engine is not started manually and triggered via IntelliJ , Jenkins or command line this issue occurs.

I did run a test to check if the issue is with Cucumber integration but it is not. Running the same test via command line which invokes only TestComplete code also gives the same result.

AlexKaras
        Champion Level 3

Hi,

I am pretty sure that all integrations with TestComplete are done via command line and scarce are the reason of the problem. (Even if the integration is done via COM, this should not result in such problem as well.)

My current idea is that this is related to the account that is used to launch Cucumber (or whatever else that starts it).

If you log in as a user that is used to launch Cucumber (and thus TestComplete) and can execute TestComplete project from the command line without any problem, then I would suggest to contact Support directly via the https://support.smartbear.com/message/?prod=TestComplete form.