Forum Discussion

m_essaid
Valued Contributor
7 years ago
Solved

Terminate TestExecute process by batch

Hi there,

Sometimes, the night tests don't run because TestExecute is already running.

Of course, I put the "/quit" parameter when I call TestExecute with the scheduller.

But randomly, a previous instance of TE exists and it freezes the VM.

Could I terminate an eventual process of TE by any way (.bat, powershell script) before everytime I launch TE with the scheduller ?

Thank you in advance,

Mehdi

• Sometimes if a previous instance is stuck, running TestExecute again will start  a new instance and you can end up with multiple instances

Try a powershell script as its more reliable and powerful, and gives you more control.

Script should search for all running instances of TestExecute, Kill all instances and then verify that no more instances are running.

4 Replies

m_essaid
      Valued Contributor

hi karkadil,

When I use a console in the appropriate mode (admin privileges) it says that the process with the correct PID has been terminated correctly.

But it don't terminate anything... TE still in the processes list.

HD
    Contributor

Sometimes if a previous instance is stuck, running TestExecute again will start  a new instance and you can end up with multiple instances

Try a powershell script as its more reliable and powerful, and gives you more control.

Script should search for all running instances of TestExecute, Kill all instances and then verify that no more instances are running.

m_essaid
    Valued Contributor

Hi guys,

Finally I used this Powershell script :

$testexecute = Get-Process testexecute -ErrorAction SilentlyContinue
    if ($testexecute) {
      if (!$testexecute.HasExited) {
        $testexecute | Stop-Process -Force
      }
    }
    Remove-Variable testexecute

which works fine. I launch the ps1 file with the Task Scheduler with admin privileges.

Thank you all !