Forum Discussion

nlazouzi
Contributor
13 years ago

TC 8.5 is now available ! Has anyone tried it ?

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest 8.5 release and if any issues have been encountered !

Share your experience and thoughts with us!

Thank you.

7 Replies

AlexKaras
    Champion Level 3
    Hi Nabil,

> Just wondering if anyone has upgraded to the latest 8.5 release [...]

Yes, I've upgraded (though was a bit confused with the discontinued Win Mobile support) and projects I was interested in (Load Testing and Web Services testing) work as expected without any problem...

...or you have any specific question in some area covered by TestComplete?
  • Hi,

From experience, after upgrading, usually one or two things stopped working !

So i'm trying to avoid any headaches related to upgrades !

Thanks
    semaj205
    New Contributor
    I have just tried it and somehow the screen resolution seems to be incorrect when i am running distributed tests. I checked all of the resolution settings on the host PC and the slave and they are identical, so for now I have reverted back a version.

• Hi James,

I have just tried it and somehow the screen resolution seems to be incorrect when i am running distributed tests.  

You seem to be correct. According to the results of our investigation, both the width and the height of the desktop on a slave machine are equal to the width of the desktop on the master machine when a network suite is running. We will analyze this behavior and post our results to this thread.

• TC 8.5 is as far as i can see....an absolute disaster.

It crashed at least three times now....it's unable to connect to my slave VMs consistently altough i can verify and run the tasks manually.

Very disappointing !

i'm reverting back to 8.2.

Stay away if you can.
  • I don't quite agreee with  Nabil about 8.5 being a disaster but we are finding it to be quirky and sometimes things need to be baby-sat to make sure they move along.  We find it will sometimes not verify the remote and other times tests will freeze for 30 -60 secs for unknown reasons.  We really don't know what the issues are but we are still testing to see if we can give suppport more information.

• Nabil,

It crashed at least three times now

I've checked our DB and didn't find any crash reports from you. If you sent us crash dumps, we could analyze them, try to find the cause of the issue and create a fix for it, if needed. If TestComplete showed its dumper window when the crash occurred, there should be a dump file in the "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\8.0\Logs\" (in Windows Vista or later) or "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\8.0\Logs\" (in other versions of Windows) folder. Check whether this folder contains files whose names correspond to the date and time of the crashes and send us these files using our Contact Support form - we'll analyze them.

Sean,

we are finding it to be quirky and sometimes things need to be baby-sat to make sure they move along.  We find it will sometimes not verify the remote and other times tests will freeze for 30 -60 secs for unknown reasons.  We really don't know what the issues are but we are still testing to see if we can give suppport more information.

Do you see the problems if you apply all the recommendations from the Message - Verification failed help topic? If you do, please post results of your investigations.