Forum Discussion

MGC
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TC 14.20.2175.7, google 78.0.3904.97. Typing in TC desktop, extra character drops onto screen

Use TC 14.20.2175.7,

google 78.0.3904.97.

vSphere Client

Typing in TC desktop, the acute character keeps dropping into my workspace, where i'm typing the script out.

Acute character, also known as back quote, grave, grave accent, left quote, open quote, or a push.  It's the same key where you get ~ if hold the shift key down.  

anyway, this character keeps randomly dropping onto the screen.

MGC
    5 years ago

thank you, i'll keep it in mind.

the problem disappeared.  i didn't change anything.  it's just gone.  we have auto updates of patches.  i can't say i've seen any patches come across in the past few days.  

bizarre.

thank you for your time.  :)

8 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Technically speaking, TC only enters keystrokes that are part of a Keys method call or SetText.  You can confirm what is actually being transmitted by looking for "Event" methods in your test log corresponding to the keystrokes.

MGC
      Occasional Contributor

This is not happening when i run TC.  it happens as i'm looking at the script.

The ` character drops, shows up in red.

See attached.  It's like an echo.

the only warning i have that it dropped this character again is the script won't run and i have to go looking for the TC error red dot with white x in it.    And sure enough the character is there again.

thank you!

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

My guess is that it's something with your VSphere Client.  I've seen similar things before, not exactly the same, but similar. Can you connect to the same machine via RDP and replicate?