cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TC 14.20.2175.7, google 78.0.3904.97. Typing in TC desktop, extra character drops onto screen

SOLVED
Highlighted
MGC
Occasional Contributor

TC 14.20.2175.7, google 78.0.3904.97. Typing in TC desktop, extra character drops onto screen

Use TC 14.20.2175.7,

google 78.0.3904.97.

vSphere Client

Typing in TC desktop, the acute character keeps dropping into my workspace, where i'm typing the script out.

Acute character, also known as back quote, grave, grave accent, left quote, open quote, or a push.  It's the same key where you get ~ if hold the shift key down.  

anyway, this character keeps randomly dropping onto the screen.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
MGC
Occasional Contributor

Re: TC 14.20.2175.7, google 78.0.3904.97. Typing in TC desktop, extra character drops onto screen

thank you, i'll keep it in mind.

the problem disappeared.  i didn't change anything.  it's just gone.  we have auto updates of patches.  i can't say i've seen any patches come across in the past few days.  

bizarre.

thank you for your time.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Community Hero

Re: TC 14.20.2175.7, google 78.0.3904.97. Typing in TC desktop, extra character drops onto screen

Technically speaking, TC only enters keystrokes that are part of a Keys method call or SetText.  You can confirm what is actually being transmitted by looking for "Event" methods in your test log corresponding to the keystrokes.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
MGC
Occasional Contributor

This is not happening when i run TC.  it happens as i'm looking at the script.

The ` character drops, shows up in red.

See attached.  It's like an echo.

the only warning i have that it dropped this character again is the script won't run and i have to go looking for the TC error red dot with white x in it.    And sure enough the character is there again.

thank you!

Community Hero

My guess is that it's something with your VSphere Client.  I've seen similar things before, not exactly the same, but similar. Can you connect to the same machine via RDP and replicate?

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.

Extensions available
MGC
Occasional Contributor

trying to get IT to allow this now.

sent the request yesterday, still await reply

MGC
Occasional Contributor

not a problem in remote desktop.  

i'll try a new keyboard.  and from there look at the client app.

thank you.

MGC
Occasional Contributor

do you know how it was resolved in other situations where it was VSphere client though?

thank you!

Community Hero

I don't recall clearly, no.  I think it has something to do with settings in the keyboard drivers or something in how the keystrokes were being sent to the client.  sorry that I don't have any further information.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
----

Extensions available
MGC
Occasional Contributor

thank you, i'll keep it in mind.

the problem disappeared.  i didn't change anything.  it's just gone.  we have auto updates of patches.  i can't say i've seen any patches come across in the past few days.  

bizarre.

thank you for your time.  Smiley Happy

View solution in original post