Forum Discussion

Bingo
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

TC 12.60: NameMapping editor does not show nested properties when create a name map

Use TC 12.60 can't map object with a nested property. Like can't use datacontext.text property. But when I use TC14.1. It's no problem. So how can I use it on 12.60? (Because my team only have a TC14 license but have some TC12 license)

• After some works, I find if we need add nested properties for name mapping, we can close App first and edit one object in name mapped tree. And we can add customize property. So we can add like "DataContext.text" as useful info for mapping. Thanks!

5 Replies

Bingo
    Contributor

After some works, I find if we need add nested properties for name mapping, we can close App first and edit one object in name mapped tree. And we can add customize property. So we can add like "DataContext.text" as useful info for mapping. Thanks!

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor

What is the class of the object? 

If Text property is not working , please check the MSAA settings in both the machine.

Generally unchecking the (*) from the MSAA list cause this problem as Text is the been recognized using Microsoft Narrator libraries. 

Bingo
      Contributor

Thanks,It's a contentPresenter. I know what you said, but this way can't solve this problem. The object can be spy and we can get the datacontext value, but when I map the object, the available properties doesn't include the datacontext. 

TanyaYatskovska
    SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi Bingo,

Perhaps, some additional support was added to your control since TC 12.6. This is why you see the difference in these versions.

Bingo
      Contributor

Hi TanyaYatskovska ,I know the help doc of TC 12.6 introducing this function, so I think it should support nested properties for us.