cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support for custom objects

Occasional Contributor

Support for custom objects

Hi, everybody,

In our application written in Pascal (Deplhi) we use an object that does not belong to the standard supported Borland libraries, such as Borland TDBGrid.

When mapping such a TestComplete object, it reads the object as a whole without the columns, buttons at the bottom of the grid, grid rows, etc. that are included in the composition.

Is it possible to add support for this custom grids to the TestComplete libraries?

Of course I can use the "text recognition" service, but this has its limitations. ImageRepository also works, but I would prefer to be able to support scrollbar in this grid and read all rows to the array.

Grid in the attachment.

Thank you for your help

3 REPLIES 3
Community Hero

Re: Support for custom objects

Hi,

> application written in Pascal (Deplhi)

I am pretty sure this should be possible. I would recommend to go through the https://support.smartbear.com/testcomplete/docs/app-testing/desktop/delphi/index.html help section and talk then to your developers. I think that you should be able to access UI elements that you need if developers include relevant debug information into the build.

Regards,
Alex
[Community Expert Group]
____
[Community Expert Group] members are not employed by SmartBear Software but
are just volunteers who have some experience with the tools by SmartBear Software
and a desire to help others. Postings made by [Community Expert Group] members
may differ from the official policies of SmartBear Software and should be treated
as the own private opinion of their authors and under no circumstances as an
official answer from SmartBear Software.
[Community Expert Group] signature is used with permission by SmartBear Software.
http://smartbear.com/forums/f83/t86934/community-experts/
================================
Highlighted
Contributor

Even I worked on the similar desktop delphi application. You just need the Debug build.

Write generic function for clicking the object in the ribbon and clicking the line in any grid.

I have all codes available do let me know in case you need any help

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for your help.

I am not closing the thread yet because I will consult with the team and as mentioned anupamchampati I'll get back to you if there's a problem.

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
SeptemberNews
Top Kudoed Authors
Join the September Hub-bub to show off, learn and win