Forum Discussion

bdrummond
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Some already Mapped Objects gone AWOL from the Object treeList when using Operation (Keyword Test)

Hi there,

I have some trouble with TC here.... a few days ago - i have mapped an object and was working when tested with some Keyword Operation and running the test it self multiple times with success.

But now when running the TC test again The result log shows that a failure occurred because an object cannot be found or something similar (sorry cant remember the details).

I have found that when using operation (such as Screen on action or If...Else) and using Object property mode or Aliases via 'Point & Fix' Object spy that the mapped object in question doesn't exist!

There are 5 missing top-parent nodes missing when compared between namemapping and the area from previous sentence.

I have attached the image and GIF image for visualisation.

Regard,

B

• There's two different sections for mapping... Mapped Objects and Aliases.  There may be things that are mapped in Mapped Objects but don't have a corresponding Alias.  I think that's what you're seeing.  Notice that when you do the Point and Click, the item shows up as NameMapping.Sys.blahblahblah... that's a Mapped Object.

But the other item you're trying to find... that's pulling up the Aliases list.

Solution:

Make sure all objects you intend to operate against have a corresponding Alias.  That can be as simple as dragging the object from the Mapped Objects area to the approprite point in the Aliases area of the NameMapping editor.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

There's two different sections for mapping... Mapped Objects and Aliases.  There may be things that are mapped in Mapped Objects but don't have a corresponding Alias.  I think that's what you're seeing.  Notice that when you do the Point and Click, the item shows up as NameMapping.Sys.blahblahblah... that's a Mapped Object.

But the other item you're trying to find... that's pulling up the Aliases list.

Solution:

Make sure all objects you intend to operate against have a corresponding Alias.  That can be as simple as dragging the object from the Mapped Objects area to the approprite point in the Aliases area of the NameMapping editor.

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

As to why this happened...  probably someone accidentally deleted an Alias... that will remove the Alias reference but not necessarily the Mapped Object... so, it is Mapped... but not Aliased... hence the failures.

bdrummond
      Contributor

Hi tristaanogre

D'oh! ouch, why oh why I didn't spotted that?! : ( Now that make complete sense : )

I have been off TC for awhile, it's so easy to left my head just like that.

As usual, thank you for the quick response to this.... top kudos for you

Regards,

B