cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Script Extension Help

Community Hero

Re: Script Extension Help

Hrm... OK, I'm not sure then what the problem is.  I suspect it's still somewhere in the event handlers for the form.  I think, at this point, I'd contact SmartBear support directly and see if they can give you some insight.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Contributor

Robert,

Did you try to install the extension?  Do you get the same error?  I just want to rule out it isn't my installation for some reason.

Community Hero

I get the same error... not immediately on TC start up, but when I try to open a keyword test.  So, defintiely something in the extension itself.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Community Manager

Hi @DavidE,

Did you find the cause of the error in the extension?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Contributor

No I haven't.  I opened a ticket with SmartBear and have uploaded the crash log and the TCX file.  Waiting for a response.

Community Manager

Hi @DavidE,

Is there any update on this issue you can share?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
Contributor

Tanya,

Unfortunately SmartBear responded and indicated that they did not receive the file I sent them.  So I just resent the file.

Frequent Contributor

You are missing an icon for your script extension. Add an icon file and then reference it in your description.xml file. Once you do that you will no longer get the error that crashes TestComplete.

Currently your description file has

<KDTOperation Name = "HNB Property Checkpoint" Category = "Checkpoints" Icon = "">

Once I added an icon file Test Complete no longer crashed. You still have errors in your script extension but at least you will be able to see those and will be able to start working through them.

Hope that helps.

Community Manager

Good catch, @dmiscannon!

@DavidE, does this resolve the issue?

---------
Tanya Gorbunova

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Watch the new Interview