Forum Discussion

ljayar
New Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

SVN commit and update causes mismatch in settings in different machines

Me and my colleague have one project suite in SVN server and this is synced with our local copies in our respective machines (SVN integration has been setup as per TestComplete guidelines).
Every time one of us updates from TestComplete (source control) to get any version from SVN, there is a mismatch (or corruption) in settings and this leads to the scripts failing for different reasons in the machine from which the update was done.

The latest issue being the absence of methods on grids like findrow, clickcell etc.
And when I spy on any object, TestComplete takes a good 5-10 seconds to identify the object while the message "Searching for the object that is under the mouse cursor. Please wait" is shown.

I have compared the entries under Object Mapping in both the machines and they are identical. Same for the installed extensions as well.

Need solution to fix this missing method, slow object identification and SVN settings corruption issues.

Thanks in advance!

We are testing a Desktop Application based on .Net Framework.

• Hi ljayar,

Please open the TestComplete project and the tested application on both machines and select the Grid using the Object Spy. Please make sure that the Grid object is recognized in the exact same way on both machines. There should be some difference. 

If you checked already the enabled plugins (File | Installed Extensions...), then please check the project properties that affect the object recognition, such as Open Applications -> Process Filter, MSAA, UI Automation, Text Recognition. 

Also, please make sure that you are working with the same version of the tested application on both machines.

I hope this helps. 

7 Replies

ljayar
      New Contributor

More of corruption than mismatch. Sorry for not being precise.

The installed extensions and entries under Object Mapping (Current Project Settings) are identical in both the machines. 

TanyaYatskovska
        SmartBear Alumni (Retired)

Hi ljayar,

Are you getting any errors? If you are, please post the screenshots of them here.