Forum Discussion

ijaz5
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

SQL Server does not exist or access denied- ADO Connection

I am not abel to connect to database and execute query. Test complete throws an err that "

function SQLdbconnection()

{

var AConnection, RecSet;
  // Create a Connection object
  AConnection =  ADO["CreateADOConnection"]()

// Specify the connection string
  AConnection["ConnectionString"] = "Provider=SQLOLEDB;Data Source=192.168.0.98\QASQL;User ID=sa;Password=somepasword;Initial Catalog=mydbqa;Persist Security Info=False";

// Suppress the login dialog box
  AConnection["LoginPrompt"] = 0;
  AConnection["Open"]();

// Execute a query
  RecSet = AConnection["Execute_"]("Select * from tax");

RecSet["MoveFirst"]();
  while (!RecSet["EOF"])
  {
    Log["Message"](RecSet["Fields"]("tax1_name")["Value"], RecSet["Fields"]("tax2_name")["Value"]);
    RecSet["MoveNext"]();
  };
  AConnection["Close"](); 

}

On executing above code I receive an error that "JScript runtime error. [DBNETLIB][ConnectionOpen (Connect()).]SQL Server does not exist or access denied"

What wrong I am doing ?

Otherinformation: 

- My Testcomplete information: Version: 12.60.5545.7 x64.
- Microsoft Windows 10 Enterprise, 64-bit (10.0 Build 17763)
Microsoft SQL Server 2012 (SP1) - 11.0.3000.0 (Intel X86)
Oct 19 2012 13:43:21
Enterprise Edition on Windows NT 6.2 <X64> (Build 9200: ) (WOW64)

• While you are using C#Script, under the covers it is just JScript with some additional syntax rules applied.  Because of that, if you're going to use the \ character in a string, you should double it up so that it actually is interpreted as a \.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

While you are using C#Script, under the covers it is just JScript with some additional syntax rules applied.  Because of that, if you're going to use the \ character in a string, you should double it up so that it actually is interpreted as a \.

anupamchampati
    Frequent Contributor
    most common problem with the paths and connection string we need ultra careful to use double slash or add @ before the string it should work.