Forum Discussion

clay
Contributor
8 years ago
Solved

Recorder not producing scripts

All of a sudden, when I try to record into a keyword test, the recorder does not write out the script.  I click "Append to Test" or "Record New Test", either way, execute my actions on the application and then stop the recording.  It gives me that standard message when writing out the script, but the script is blank.

I am sure I have changed a setting somewhere, but I cannot figure out how to change it back.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

• Just answered the question for myself.  The "Record user actions over tested applications only" checkbox was checked in the General Options tab of the project properties.  My testedapp is actually a command procedure that launches the application I am testing after setting up some environment variables and etc.  So my test application is actually not in the testedapps list!  Eureka!!

1 Reply

clay
    Contributor

Just answered the question for myself.  The "Record user actions over tested applications only" checkbox was checked in the General Options tab of the project properties.  My testedapp is actually a command procedure that launches the application I am testing after setting up some environment variables and etc.  So my test application is actually not in the testedapps list!  Eureka!!