Forum Discussion

bjohnson_1
Occasional Contributor
13 years ago

Record Forms with Image attachments for load testing

I have a web page containing a form with many fields. One of the fields is for attaching a document or image such as a JPG or PDF.

I have found when I record the page and fill in all the fields and add a small image (less than 50kb), recording works fine for the request and shows all fields in the form were recorded. Playback works fine.

If I do the exact same steps and attach an image of say 1mg or greater, I find after stopping the recording that it records up to the attachment field in the form and then no other form fields are captured.

Is there a size limit for the values recorded by test complete for a form field?

I am using test complete 8 for the load testing.

2 Replies

bjohnson_1
    Occasional Contributor
    After further testing it appears recording stops after I attach a file larger than 50kb.

Is that the limit for the form field when recording? Everything works on the web application fine for larger files, it is only recording which fails.
    irina_lukina
    Super Contributor

Hi Brent,

Is that the limit for the form field when recording?

No, there is no such limitation.

As for recording, I recommend that you follow the steps below:

1. Wait until the image (that is bigger than 50 Kb) has been attached completely. Sometimes, it takes TestComplete quite long to record actions against large images, so that you can stop waiting for the image to be loaded completely and stop the recording. That's why, TestComplete may not record these actions properly.

2. If the recording still doesn't work, please provide us with a sample web page and your project so that we could use them to reproduce the behavior. I tried recording when attaching the files (using the smartbear.com site), and everything worked fine. So, maybe, the problem is specific to your web page or server. If you don't want to share the page or your project on the forum, you can contact our Support Team directly via the Contact Support form.

Thanks.