cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RebootAndContinue on a Client system

Highlighted
New Contributor

RebootAndContinue on a Client system

I have a situation where I want to do a RebootAndContinue on a client machine in a distributed test set up, but when the client system starts to reboot the host stops with a logged error. Any ideas on how to get around this are greatly appreciated.

/Niklas
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

RE: RebootAndContinue on a Client system

Hi Niklas,

There is no direct way to reboot a slave computer without failing the test on the master computer. However, you can try the following workaround:

1. Split the tests that should reboot your slave machines into two parts: the one that will be executed before and the one to be executed after the reboot.

2. Create a new Network Suite job in the master project and create tasks in it that will implement the pre-reboot part of tests created in step 1. Set the "Action after run" property's value to "[Reboot]" for each of the created tasks.

3. Create a new Network Suite job in the master project and create tasks in it that will implement the post-reboot part of tests created in step 1.

4. Add the following script routine to your master project:

function WaitForSlave(Duration) {

Delay(Duration);

NetworkSuite.Verify();

}

5. Add the following test items to your master project:

5.1 The job created in step 2.

5.2 A call to the WaitForSlave routine. The parameter of this routine is, approximately, the maximum time of the slave computer reboot in milliseconds. I recommend that you pass at least 300000 ms.

5.3 The job created in step 3.

6. Run the master project.

Best regards,
Alexey

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others. ⬇️⬇️⬇️
New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Script Wanted
Let's start July with new challenges!

Create a script to pass custom command-line arguments as a test parameter for the TechCorner tag!

Will you dare to take the challenge?

Top Kudoed Authors