Forum Discussion

vinodkumar_chau
Contributor
10 years ago
Solved

Reading files from ProjectFolder Path in testcomplete

Hi All ,

I have a file at this path in Project Itself "C:\Users\vinodkumar.chaudhary\Documents\TestComplete 10 Projects\CommonFiles". 

CommonFiles is the folder created to keep all the common files. If i have to read a common file like 'common.js' from commonfiles folder , how should i do it using eval(Include...). I dont want to give complete path. For ex like below

eval(Include("../../../CommonFiles/common.js"));

function Include()

{

Code to read file

}

• Hi.

The folder you're trying to reach can be addressed as ..\..\CommonFiles\

Following is how your example should look like:

eval(Include("..\\..\\CommonFiles\\common.js"));

Don't forget that double backslashes instead of single ones are needed only in contsants (direct assignments) and not needed if passed as KDT parameters or project or suite variables.

Regards,

Andrey

3 Replies

• Hi.

The folder you're trying to reach can be addressed as ..\..\CommonFiles\

Following is how your example should look like:

eval(Include("..\\..\\CommonFiles\\common.js"));

Don't forget that double backslashes instead of single ones are needed only in contsants (direct assignments) and not needed if passed as KDT parameters or project or suite variables.

Regards,

Andrey

Ravik
    Super Contributor
    Hi Vinod, You can use Project Variable for this. You have to define a project variable like - "ProjectPath", "ProjectName" and valid your files like below FRAMEWORK_ROOTPATH = GetParentFolderAtDepth(Project.Path,3) strProjectPath = Trim(FRAMEWORK_ROOTPATH & Project.Variables.ProjectPath & "\" & Project.Variables.TestProjectName) If g_fso.FolderExists(strProjectPath) then log.Message "Project path successfully found for automation project " _ & Project.Variables.TestProjectName Else log.Error "Project path was not found for automation " & Project.Variables.TestProjectName &_ " project path should be " & strProjectPath & " for automation project" & Project.Variables.TestProjectName End If