Forum Discussion

jamadarshivani
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago
Solved

Properties not visible in one project but appears in another for same object

Hello,

Extended property of wPartCount for a RadStatusBar is available in one of my project but the same property is not available to be used for the same object in another project on same machine.

tristaanogre
    4 years ago

Not really?  I'm assuming you'd know your projects better than I can.  Someone probably at some time set up a custom mapping of an object.

There may be other settings like MSAA or things like that which may also contribute.  those are also stored in project settings, I believe, which is why you'd ahve differences between projects.  I'd just go down the line of all such settings dealing with object identification and make a general comparison.

As a note, you can set these as "Default Project Properties" then and save that configuration out using Export Settings so that when you onboard a new person on a new machine, when they create a project, it will automatically set those things.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Object Mapping changes are stored within a project.  So, under Current Project Properties, there may be something configured one way in the one project but not configured in the other project.  I'd start there.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Not really?  I'm assuming you'd know your projects better than I can.  Someone probably at some time set up a custom mapping of an object.

There may be other settings like MSAA or things like that which may also contribute.  those are also stored in project settings, I believe, which is why you'd ahve differences between projects.  I'd just go down the line of all such settings dealing with object identification and make a general comparison.

As a note, you can set these as "Default Project Properties" then and save that configuration out using Export Settings so that when you onboard a new person on a new machine, when they create a project, it will automatically set those things.