Forum Discussion

Nursyamim
Occasional Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

Project Variables Issue

Hi,

I am using the variables to autamate my testing for a dektop application. I don't know how to view the usage of those variables? 

Meaning that from the Project variable itself, I can view and know the exact test item that used that variable.

Maybe this issue can make my work more easier and efficient.

Thank you

tristaanogre
    5 years ago

You can always do a search for Project.Variables.<Variable Name>.  That will find all instances of where that variable is in use.

Project.Variables aren't "code" like other variable declarations are.  So, there's no tracing back to the definition/declaration. They are items in the XML format of the MDS file of your project, configuration more than code. As RUDOLF_BOTHMA mentions, you can put in a feature request. 

Alternatively, you could create a code unit and use traditional variables as your globals in whatever code language you're using.

2 Replies

• Hi Nursyamim 

Would you mind elaborating a bit ?

From my understanding, it might be the way forward is to put in a New Feature Request

Or to search through current feature requests to see if someone hasn't already requested something similar for you to Kudo to get up the priority list

tristaanogre
      Esteemed Contributor

You can always do a search for Project.Variables.<Variable Name>.  That will find all instances of where that variable is in use.

Project.Variables aren't "code" like other variable declarations are.  So, there's no tracing back to the definition/declaration. They are items in the XML format of the MDS file of your project, configuration more than code. As RUDOLF_BOTHMA mentions, you can put in a feature request. 

Alternatively, you could create a code unit and use traditional variables as your globals in whatever code language you're using.