Forum Discussion

missydr
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Processing commands super slow

On Friday, after I was done recording a keyword script, the Processing Commands message was shown for over an hour and still did not create the script. Today, I recorded only a couple clicks but the message showed for over half an hour and did not create the script. I've tried disabling "Search for visible objects first" and disabling "Use extended find when possible" in the Name Mapping options. I've also re-booted the VM machine that TC is on. Nothing is working so far.

• "Turning off extended find" for Mapped Objects that already have it on is not something that TestComplete can do.  Because Extended Find "collapses" the object tree, turning it off for any single mapped object means you need to go in and map those ancestor objects and re-organize your mapping around it.  It does take elbow grease to do it manually... OR, your other option is to delete all your mapped objects and remap them.  Either way, it's going to take work to turn off the object for your mapped objects.

7 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It is possible that the "Extended Find" is already checked on a number of objects and TestComplete is getting "lost" in navigating what component belongs to what.

Just as a test to this theory, create a new, empty project and try the same record with those options turned off and see if the problem persists.

missydr
      Occasional Contributor

That worked but now how do I fix it in my other projects? Is there a way to turn off "Extended Find" over the whole project suite?

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

"Turning off extended find" for Mapped Objects that already have it on is not something that TestComplete can do.  Because Extended Find "collapses" the object tree, turning it off for any single mapped object means you need to go in and map those ancestor objects and re-organize your mapping around it.  It does take elbow grease to do it manually... OR, your other option is to delete all your mapped objects and remap them.  Either way, it's going to take work to turn off the object for your mapped objects.