Forum Discussion

15 years ago

Problems accessing Virtual Machines

Hi,

I have a desktop pc which has an installation of TestComplete and is where I develop my test scripts. Also, on this real pc I have MS Virtual PC Console. I have created a virtual pc (TestMaster) which has a copy of TestComplete, and which is used to run the test scripts from the real pc.

To run the test scripts, I have access to a separate Test Server. On here, using MS Virtual Machine Manager, I have a virtual pc (VMTest01). This has all the necessary software and mappings to access all the database, scripts and testdata needed.

I can select VMTest01 from TestMaster as a Host, and can verify the connection.

However, when I attempt to set the Job/Task/path, in order to create the specific test run, I get an error - "TestComplete has encountered a problem in module oleaut32.dll and needs to close."

Any help in sorting out what other steps I might need to take to set the systems up correctly will be gratefully received.

Stu

1 Reply

• Hi Stu,

To help us investigate the issue, please let us know the following information:

1. Which of our tools are installed on your physical and virtual machines (TestComplete/TestExecute, the exact version)?

2. Please run the Windows System Information utility on both machines (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Information), export information about systems and send us both files.

3. Do you have any DMP files in the following folder:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\Logs" (Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7)

"C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\Logs" (other operating systems)

If you do, please zip these files and send me the archive.

Thanks in advance.