Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems accessing Virtual Machines

Highlighted
Not applicable

Problems accessing Virtual Machines

Hi,

I have a desktop pc which has an installation of TestComplete and is where I develop my test scripts. Also, on this real pc I have MS Virtual PC Console. I have created a virtual pc (TestMaster) which has a copy of TestComplete, and which is used to run the test scripts from the real pc.

To run the test scripts, I have access to a separate Test Server. On here, using MS Virtual Machine Manager, I have a virtual pc (VMTest01). This has all the necessary software and mappings to access all the database, scripts and testdata needed.

I can select VMTest01 from TestMaster as a Host, and can verify the connection.

However, when I attempt to set the Job/Task/path, in order to create the specific test run, I get an error - "TestComplete has encountered a problem in module oleaut32.dll and needs to close."

Any help in sorting out what other steps I might need to take to set the systems up correctly will be gratefully received.

Stu
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

RE: Problems accessing Virtual Machines

Hi Stu,

To help us investigate the issue, please let us know the following information:

1. Which of our tools are installed on your physical and virtual machines (TestComplete/TestExecute, the exact version)?

2. Please run the Windows System Information utility on both machines (Start | Programs | Accessories | System Tools | System Information), export information about systems and send us both files.

3. Do you have any DMP files in the following folder:

"C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\Logs" (Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7)

"C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Application Data\AutomatedQA\TestComplete\7.0\Logs" (other operating systems)

If you do, please zip these files and send me the archive.

Thanks in advance.

--
Dmitry Nikolaev
Customer Care Manager
TestComplete, QAComplete

Join SmartBear Connect next April in Boston to meet with software development, API and testing experts from around the world! Get your ticket today!