Forum Discussion

dbruning
New Contributor
15 years ago

Problem running script from TestExecute, but only from the commandline.

Hi,

I'm trying to execute a master script (from the commandline) which will in turn execute a slave script on a remote host.

I've got the master script to the point where it's working if I invoke it from TestComplete or TestExecute (using the TestComplete or TestExecute GUI). However, it's failing if I run it with the TestExecute commandline.

I've simplified down the master script to just a single "Verify" statement:

procedure verifyhost;

begin

if not NetworkSuite.Hosts.ItemByName['FSWinXPSP201'].Verify() then

raise ('Unable to verify host')

else

Log.Message('Host verified');

end;

The commandline I'm using is:

"C:\Program Files\Automated QA\TestExecute 7\Bin\TestExecute.exe" "<full_path_to_my_project_suite>.pjs" /run /project:"<my_master_project_name>" /exit

Note that the script *does* actually run, and I do get a log file with the "Unable to verify host" message. If I run the same script from TestExecute or TestComplete GUI, I get the "Host verified" log message.

It's just that I can't verify the host (or go on to actually run a script on a slave) when run from the commandline.

Help?!?

Darren.

4 Replies

• Hi Darren,

First of all, please make sure that you are using the same version of TestExecute (7.52) on the master and slave computers.

To help us investigate the problem, please follow the steps below:

1. Restart the master computer.

2. Restart the slave computers.

3. Run the test via the command line.

If you get the message saying that the verification is successful, it seems we have a patch that should solve the problem. To get it, please contact us via our Contact Support Form.

If you get the error message (the verification was not successful), please send us the master and slave projects via our Contact Support Form. Also, send us detailed information on your system (the slave and master computers).
    dbruning
    New Contributor
    Hi,

Thanks for the reply. Restarting the master computer solved my problem.

I've since had the problem resurface, and restarted the master again to fix.

Hope this doesn't happen too often & that it's on your list to fix...

Thanks

Darren.
    grainwave
    Occasional Contributor
    Hi,

Restarting the VM did not seem to help, however once the Host was restarted the task verified. However the issue seems to be intermitent and keeps coming back.

If you think the patch will help could you please send me a link to where I can download it.