Forum Discussion

JP_603
Occasional Contributor
9 years ago
Solved

PowerBuilder accessibility error

I'm trying to do some testing with a PowerBuilder application. I'm setting up name mappings in order to be able to work with the data window controls easier. However as soon as I add a name map to the main application form I start getting an error message everytime I try to initially interact with the application.

The error is "Error loading library. Please check whether PowerBuilder Accessibility Library can be located in the path."

After I setup that name mapping this will happen the first time I try to access the application or it's objects from test complete after opening the application. So if I open the application and try to access the object through the testcomplete object viewer I will get it. Or if I open the application and try to log in through either a keyword or script test. After I get this message once it's fine until I close the application and then open it again.

Has anyone else run into this and have any insight on what might be causing this or where to look?

Thanks!

• With the help of a co-worker and some more digging around the internet I found what my issue was. I needed the PowerBuilder accessibility DLL (pbacc125.dll). I didn't think I needed this at first because the name mapping did work if I just did it on the applications logon screen. It wasn't until I went to map the main form in the application that it started having issues. However after getting this DLL into the applications folder it is working.

2 Replies

JP_603
    Occasional Contributor

I almost forgot to mention that for the form name mapping I gave it the name I wanted then had to add the ?* wild card to the window caption field. This was the only way I found to get the name mapping to work for the form. If I didn't use the wild card I would get a message talking about the name mapping not being unique enough or something like that. I can get the exact message if someone thinks the wild card might be the issue.

Thanks again.

JP_603
      Occasional Contributor

With the help of a co-worker and some more digging around the internet I found what my issue was. I needed the PowerBuilder accessibility DLL (pbacc125.dll). I didn't think I needed this at first because the name mapping did work if I just did it on the applications logon screen. It wasn't until I went to map the main form in the application that it started having issues. However after getting this DLL into the applications folder it is working.