Forum Discussion

gdave
Regular Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Percentage Of

Hi all

In my SUT, the screen I am working on has two fields 1) Fund Value & 2) Tax Free Cash Limit

Now, the value in field 2 (tax free cash limit) is 25% of the value in field 1 (fund value).

Can anyone please advise how do I validate through property checkpoint or any other means that value in field 2 is 25% of value in field 1.  Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

• That was implied... the code expression can use the Alias mapping of your object including the property name.  So, where I have <value of field1> You could have

Aliases.MyApp.MyForm.Field1.wText

And this will then pull in the property value.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

You will need to use a code expression, no matter if you use a property checkpoint or whatever. 

Basically, you're going to do a checkpoint where you're going to check the property of field two and see if it equals a code expression... something like

aqConvert.VarToStr(<value of field 1> * 0.25)

You might need to add additional code that would round to th nearest cent or something but tht would be the direction I take

gdave
      Regular Contributor

tristaanogre wrote:

You will need to use a code expression, no matter if you use a property checkpoint or whatever. 

Basically, you're going to do a checkpoint where you're going to check the property of field two and see if it equals a code expression... something like

aqConvert.VarToStr(<value of field 1> * 0.25)

You might need to add additional code that would round to th nearest cent or something but tht would be the direction I take

Thank you for your inputs.

Just to mention that the <value of field1> here is not static. It changes constantly so I was wondering if there is any way I can first get the value from field one and then calculate the percentage on the back of that value ?

Thanks

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

That was implied... the code expression can use the Alias mapping of your object including the property name.  So, where I have <value of field1> You could have

Aliases.MyApp.MyForm.Field1.wText

And this will then pull in the property value.