Forum Discussion

komalak11
Contributor
5 years ago

Object recognition does not work sometimes have to reinstall the entire software

Hi,

I am facing a peculiar issue of the object recognition not working for the latest test complete version. This happens sporadically now and then, and I have no choice but uninstall test complete and reinstall.

This affects our CI pipeline because all the test scripts fail.

Anyone else facing the same issue. Please help me out.

4 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

It would help if we had more details.

1) What's the exact verbage of the error?

2) Sample code?

3) Screen shots of your NameMapping including properties and hiearchy for the object in question

4) Screenshots of your Object Browser including Advanced properties and hierarchy for the object in question.

You're the first person to post with the specific problem of needing to reinstall TestComplete so it sounds like it's something unique to your scenario.

komalak11
      Contributor

Hi,

When I open the TC application the Object spy does not recognise the application under test, the red boxes which appear to select on screen for properties does not appear.

The tool bar at the bottom is selected, but not the application under test. All my script extensions is ON

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

What kind of application is it?  What technology was it written with?  It could be that some custom DLL was provided in the past that you need to re-download from SmartBear.