cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but it does remotely

SOLVED
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but it does remotely

Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but does it remotely. How do I fix that ? 

I run TC 12.6

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Hero

Re: Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but it does remote

Depending upon the client that you're using to get to your VM, certain key combinations don't transfer over.  For example, typically CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't transfer to the remote machine.  You may need to do some kind of key mapping to get the SHIFT-CTRL-A to be able to translate across to your VM.  The issue is not with TestComplete but with the technology used to access the VM's UI.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
6 REPLIES 6
Community Hero

Re: Object Spy does not recognize my key actions Shift + CTRL + A inside a VMWare but it does remote

Are you running test complete on your host and trying to get to objects inside the VM, or are you saying you're running Test Complete inside the VM and are not able to?

Thanks,
Carson

Click the Accept as Solution button if my answer has helped
Community Hero

Depending upon the client that you're using to get to your VM, certain key combinations don't transfer over.  For example, typically CTRL-ALT-DEL doesn't transfer to the remote machine.  You may need to do some kind of key mapping to get the SHIFT-CTRL-A to be able to translate across to your VM.  The issue is not with TestComplete but with the technology used to access the VM's UI.

Robert Martin
[Community Expert Group]
Please consider giving a Kudo if I write good stuff
----

Why automate?  I do automated testing because there's only so much a human being can do and remain healthy.  Sleep is a requirement.  So, while people sleep, automation that I create does what I've described above in order to make sure that nothing gets past the final defense of the testing group.
I love good food, good books, good friends, and good fun.

Mysterious Gremlin Master
Extensions available
Frequent Contributor

Inside my VM yes Smiley Sad 

Community Hero

Just to clarify, TestComplete is installed on the VM where you are testing?

Frequent Contributor

Hi @Marsha_R, yes that's correct. TC is installed on each VM in my host.
Community Manager

Hi @fazlook,

Was this question resolved?

If you still need the assistance, I recommend that you record a video of your screen demonstrating the issue. This will help the Community better understand the behavior you describe. You can use a simple Jing video recorder.

---------
Tanya Gorbunova
SmartBear Community Manager

Did my reply answer your question? Give Kudos or Accept it as a Solution to help others.↓↓↓↓↓
February News
Top Kudoed Authors