Forum Discussion

Vinicius
Occasional Contributor
6 years ago
Solved

Object Priority Different

Hi,

I'm having a problem with the object priority in TestComplete when the application is opened through "TestedApps.App.Run()" command.

For example, when the application is manually opened the TestComplete shows the object like:

Obj.Pane.Text

In case opening the application through the TestComplete command the same object will be:

Obj.Client.Text

Does someone know how I can fix that problem? Or had a similar problem?

I have searched but didn't find anything similar in the community.

Vinicius
    6 years ago

I would not say that is a solution, but for now, the machine that presented the problem was not presented anymore.

I've uninstalled the TestComplete, restart the machine and then search for all the folders and the items on Windows Registry removing all references that I found.

I think this topic can be closed, if the problem happens again in another machine I will try to get some screenshots or anything that can help us to understand better how the problem happens. 

6 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Here's my guess:

You might actually have the same object mapped two different ways in your NameMapping.  I would investigate your NameMapping to make sure that you have the object uniquely identified.  As far as I know, for MOST applications, there shouldn't be any difference betwen thoses lauch methods.

Vinicius
      Occasional Contributor

It's not the case, because I don't use the NameMapping feature. The object shows these paths even looking in the Object Spy.

tristaanogre
        Esteemed Contributor

Interesting.  Can you share screenshots demonstrating this difference?