Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Object Identification

SOLVED
Highlighted
New Contributor

Object Identification

I have a desktop app I'm trying to run some simple production canary tests on. I have messed around with Testcomplete a little bit in the past, and ran into this same issue as well, and found a fix, but I cannot remember what it was or where to even look to find it again.

Here's my problem: I try to identify some text fields and buttons, and Testcomplete can only find the entirety of the app, as a whole, as an object, no matter where I put the Object Spy. 

I seem to remember some checkbox in a setting somewhere that, once I checked it (months ago, in a different project), allowed Testcomplete to actually recognize objects. 

Anyone know where this can be found? 

(the app has ID's for everything too, so that's not the problem)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Hero
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Community Hero

There are lots of things in Project Settings, but I would wonder what kind of app/browser you are using?  Perhaps the setup isn't done on this computer.

Highlighted
New Contributor

It's a purely desktop, installed application. I've had Testcomplete installed on this pc for almost a year but have not used it much, and my current project is brand new (well, my current test suite). So I'm sure there are plenty of things I haven't yet configured 

Highlighted
Community Hero
Highlighted
New Contributor

AHHHH.png

This ended up being the solution, for me anyways. Checking the * box in both locations marked with arrows, in case anyone in the future is curious. It'll reduce performance, but, that's what will work for me personally. Thanks!!

New Here?
Join us and watch the welcome video:
Announcements
Join TechCorner Challenge!
Want a fun and easy way to learn TestComplete? Try solving weekly TechCorner challenges and get into the Leaderboard!

Challenge Status

Get properties of a web page element

See replies!

Compare images using the Region Checkpoint

See replies!

Compare HTML table with Excel file and correct data in Excel file

Participate!

How to execute remote test and obtain results via Test Runner REST API

Participate!
Top Kudoed Authors