Forum Discussion

Ag3nt49
Occasional Contributor
4 years ago

Object Browser seeing the same object differently on VM

hey everyone,

hit on a weird issue I'm scratching my head on how to solve. I have an application that I'm running tests for that is in Powerbuilder. All requisite configurations are set as far as I can tell. Using the exact same project, TestComplete version, database, etc, if I look at a panel object on my local machine in object browser it is being correctly displayed as UIAObject("dw_template"). 

However, if I observe the exact same panel object on my VM, it instead is seen as Window("pbdw170", "", 2).

This is obviously throwing off my tests, and I'm ripping my hair out trying to find what could possibly be causing this discrepancy. Any thoughts/suggestions would be most welcome.

7 Replies

Marsha_R
    Champion Level 3

You need to install TestComplete on your VM and run the test from there.

Ag3nt49
      Occasional Contributor

.... how else do you think I'm using object browser in my VM to examine the application there?

Marsha_R
        Champion Level 3
        Other users get those sort of results when they try to use TestComplete to test something across a connection to a VM.

Also, be aware that this isn't a Stack Overflow forum. Please be polite to the volunteers and the staff who are trying to help you.