Forum Discussion

Leahy
Contributor
5 years ago
Solved

New Script not showing in Script list

HI ,

I took an existing script, copied it, pasted it in new script, renamed added a few lines and it is not showing up??? I have restarted all my apps, did not help, rebooted machine, same results.

Existing Script: "Spare_Booked_Off_First_part_Of_Day"

New Script: "Spare_Booked_Off_First_part_Of_Day_Assign_Work".

It is listed if you right click on "Scripts"  and choose "Show in Explorer" (see screen shots).

Is there a limit on the length of script name or a limit on the number of scripts???

• Renaming the contents of the file or creating a new file does not automatically add to the TestComplete project.  To add a file to the TestComplete project, right click on the Script note, select "Add -> Existing" and browse to the file.

3 Replies

tristaanogre
    Esteemed Contributor

Renaming the contents of the file or creating a new file does not automatically add to the TestComplete project.  To add a file to the TestComplete project, right click on the Script note, select "Add -> Existing" and browse to the file.

Leahy
      Contributor

Thanks Robert,

I thought I put up an answer before lunch but I dont see it.  Your solution worked.  I have never had to do this before...strange...but thanks !!

Lee

Leahy
      Contributor

Thanks, I did not know that I needed to "Add"," Existing Item".  I have never had to do this before...: